Thursday 6 August 2015

TGC- Reflection


Today, I was introduced to Taylor’s Graduate Capabilities in the class. I was told to think about one capability that I am lacking among all the 8 aspects. At the same time, I have to figure out a number of ways to improve myself in the particular aspect.
            The capability that I currently don’t possess is thinking and problem solving skills. In school, we tend to accept completely what was being taught and never bother to figure out how the knowledge originate. Thus, I am always too passive to think critically in a creative way.  I tend to ‘google’ everything instead of thinking independently on my own.
Thus, I ought to work on this aspect.  In an effort to improve my thinking skill, I have to practise critical thinking skills such as analysing, decision making, interpreting and so forth. These skills are of paramount importance to me as a young blood of the nation.  Whenever I read up on something or be informed of something, I should apply good thinking skills and logical reasoning skills to justify and analyse the information. I shouldn’t just accept it without even realising or questioning the authenticity of the information. Moreover, I need to think out of the box. Creativity will certainly give me an edge over others. Other than that, I should also understand the knowledge instead of just memorizing for the sake of memorizing.

Image result for thinking skill

No comments:

Post a Comment