Sunday 30 August 2015

Reflection 2


DIEP is a strategy which is able to be used in reflective writing. For the word DIEP, D stands for Describe, I stands for Interpret, E stands for Evaluate and P stands for Plan. Now I am going to use this method to set my goal.
Image result for describe
My goal is to be a pharmacist in the near future because I am interested in health care and disease treatment. Basically, the job of a pharmacist is to provide expert advice on the use and supply of drugs and medicines. As a pharmacist your work would include checking prescriptions, dispensing medicines and making sure that laws controlling medicines are followed. 
Image result for interpret
Now I am going to interpret my goal of becoming a pharmacist. To me, being a pharmacist is not just about dispensing medicine. A good pharmacist is a social worker as well. Pharmacists are responsible to provide care, compassion and help to those who are generally unwell. This is a way of making contribution to our society.
Image result for evaluate
The journey to be a pharmacist is definitely not easy. To qualify as a pharmacist, one must first possess a recognised degree which comprises of a four year course from a recognised institution of higher learning. Generally, the minimum entry requirement is BBB or ABC in Biology and Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics (minimum B in Chemistry). To become a registered pharmacist, a student pharmacist is required to complete a one year internship and one year government service. A pharmacist must then pass a Pharmacy Forensic/ Jurisprudence Examination which is a course that sets out the provisions of law governing the profession.
Image result for plan
A successful plan will lead to correct action that helps to achieve the target. To achieve my goal, I have to study hard to get good result in order to get accepted into university of choice. I need to put more effort in my study especially in Chemistry. Besides, I have to improve my English language proficiency. Regarding the application for the university, I can seek useful advice from University Placement Centre so that I wouldn’t miss the deadline. Lastly, I hope my dream will come true.

Image result for success

No comments:

Post a Comment