Wednesday 26 August 2015

Reflection of MPU Personal Development



Through this MPU program, I truly understand myself better. In the past, I have no idea what to do when I finish study. After all these programs, I finally know which path to go and how to pursue my dream. I have a clearer aim and goals after this program. This program is very useful to my study journey and my life.

In the first lesson, I was introduced to Taylor’s Graduate Capabilities which stated the eight important capabilities that are needed to find a job. This lesson made me understand that I had to develop more capabilities so that I can find a career easier in the future. I now know that I lack of which capabilities and able to improve myself. I am also more aware of what I should do to survive in this modern world full of competition.

Next, I learnt about SMART Goal. This tool is used to make our dreams come true. S.M.A.R.T. is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound. I had set my goals in my life which is to get good result in my A-level exam, to get into university of my choice, and also to meet great people and good friends. To achieve these goals, I have to work harder to keep myself on the right path towards success.

After that, I carried out personality test. The result shows that I have ISFJ personality which means that I am a quietly warm, introvert, factual, sympathetic, detailed, dependable, organized, thorough, conscientious, systematic, conservative, realistic, caring, practical, stable and helpful person. Even though some of the personality I do not agree, most of them I agreed. Therefore, I think that this personality test is quite accurate. From this personality test, I can understand my own personalities better. I can then improve myself to be a better person by referring to the good personalities that I lack of. 

Then, I did another test which is V.A.R.K Learning Styles Test. From the result, I found out that I am a visual learner. Visual learner learns through seeing. By identifying which type of learner I am, I can now find out ways for me to focus during study for a more productive learning. For instance, I can make colourful notes and use highlighters of different colours to highlight key points. I can also utilise mind maps, graph, flowchart and simple diagrams to enhance learning process. 

Next, I carried out SWOT analysis. Through this analysis I am able to identify my strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in my academic pathway. I will have to maintain my strengths or make it better and of course improve my weaknesses so that I can be a better person. I should also be open-minded to the opportunities out there rather than being confined in the comfort zone. Most importantly, I should be aware of the threats of Facebook, gaming, movies and so on because if I spend too much time on these, I will probably end up crying over my bad grades. 

Also, I did the career test. This test is to identify which career matches our personalities so that we make the right career choice. The result shows that I am suitable to be a business executive, administrator, manager, accountant, auditors, Maths teacher, mechanical engineer, technician, police, detectives, judge, lawyer, medical doctor, dentist, computer programmer and military leader. I think this result is not so accurate because what I am interested in is a career related to health science and now I am considering pharmacy. Nevertheless, I will still take the result as a reference to plan my career pathway. 

Last but not least, I appreciate that I have attended this program so that I can understand myself more and develop personal skills. I know more about my strength and this gives me confidence in pursuing my dreams and to further my studies in my desired university. Finally, I would like to thank Mr. Kannan, our MPU lecturer for his guidance.


 Image result for yolo

No comments:

Post a Comment