Wednesday 19 August 2015

My Personal SWOT Analysis




As a student, my SWOT analysis is conducted based on my academics to ensure academic excellence.

My strength in academic studies is that I am able to understand and comprehend a  new concept taught in a shorter time with the illustration of examples, diagrams and exercises. I am a persistent person and do not give up easily. When I get stuck by some tough past year questions, I will ask my classmates or teachers for help and try my best to solve the questions.

However, my weakness in academic studies is my poor memory. I may not remember every single detail of the syllabus taught. Thus, I have to constantly revise a certain topic repeatedly as I tend to forget what have been taught. Due to this, much of my time is spent on revising the same topic that I have already read. Re-reading is quite tedious and tiring.


When it comes to opportunities that may aid me in my academic studies, I have easy access to vast amount of books and reference material available at the library at Taylor's College Subang Jaya, thus I can optimise these sources to enhance my learning process. Besides, I can make use of Internet for my study. I can get access to marking scheme and Youtube video to help me get further understanding on certain subjects.


Last but not least, the possible threats that may cause my result to deteriorate are the various entertainment and leisure activities available such as Facebook, computer games, movies, window shopping as well as playing pool. These activities consume plenty of  precious time that can be utilised to revise and study. Therefore, I should set up a timetable to do my revision systematically so that I will not end up crying over my bad grades.


Reflection



So after SWOT analysis, I know more about myself. I know more about what and where my opportunities are. I would improve my strength and cut down on my weakness day by day. I would also appreciate the opportunities that I have in my hands. Realising that I have poor memory, I would come up with my own strategies to overcome my weaknesses and  hopefully I could achieve my goal and would be able to be offered a place in my university of choice. To improve my memory power, I should make my own short notes with a lots of diagrams, mind maps and flowchart. Besides, I can use highlighter of different colours to highlight key points to enhance my memory. Instead of re-reading textbooks and notes, I can try out different learning methods especially in a digital way which may give more effective results. For instance, I can watch educational videos on Youtube to gain further understanding on what have been taught in the class. By doing so, I can memorise things more easily and thus I will be able to do well in the exams.





No comments:

Post a Comment